Secure America’s Future Economy (or SAFE) is a non-profit, all-volunteer organization, which has been advocating smaller, more focused, less costly government since 1996. We believe that:
- free markets make for the best economic decisions
- the private sector is an engine of wealth creation
- government-directed economies don't work very well
To keep the economy humming, the government (federal, state & local) should:
- eliminate wasteful spending programs
- streamline the tax system
- restructure “entitlement” programs
- rationalize regulations
See our Policy Statements on this website for discussion.
None of these goals will be readily accomplished, so SAFE devotes substantial time and effort to Outreach efforts. These include a weekly blog, a Delaware Chatter microblog, and frequent letters to the media and political leaders. We also publish a quarterly newsletter, primarily for SAFE members. See our Twitter feed for a running recap of highlights.