Global Warming In A Nutshell
· Alternate warm and cool periods have occurred every 1,500 years or so for a million years.
· Previous Roman and Medieval warm periods were warmer than the present warm period. There were no catastrophic effects.
· The Earth’s average temperature is not correlated with carbon dioxide, but is correlated with the activity of the Sun.
· Carbon dioxide is beneficial to plant life and therefore beneficial to animals and human beings.
· It would be counterproductive to subsidize uneconomical forms of energy, in a fruitless attempt to minimize global warming by limiting carbon dioxide.
Reference: “Unstoppable Global Warming,” Fred Singer & Dennis Avery, Rowman and Littlefield (2007).